Poll: Are you going to buy HL2 when it comes out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, on the first day its released if possible.
60.00%
18 60.00%
Yes, after a price drop.
16.67%
5 16.67%
Yes, if they dont delay it further.
6.67%
2 6.67%
Depends on how the gameplay is.
6.67%
2 6.67%
No, valve has already broken my heart by delaying it.
0%
0 0%
NO.
10.00%
3 10.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how many of you are gonna buy it?
I'll probably buy it on the first day. I would like to play a demo first tho.
i'm a cheap mofo. therefore i'll be waiting a couple months until the price isn't some rediculous number with 99 cents tied to the end of it.
i would have to wait a week or 2 before it gets here..but damn straight im gonna buy it
For me depends on how the game play is, what I see between now and when its released (as in steam gets better) and if I have the video card to play it.

A demo would be nice to see if my system could handle it, but if I remember right when HL1 was released there wasn't a demo till months after. They might go that same route. Hope not.
I will buy it on the first day. For those waiting for a price drop I wouldn't hold your breath cause it was almost 2 years before the first one saw any price drop. It's going to sell like hotcakes so they will not drop that price until sales really slide down.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I really do hope they dont go the same route demo wise. Was there this much anticipation for hl1? Bottom line is valve is gonna make a killing on hl2 on the first day, demo or not. I think if they have to push back the release date of it a demo would be a nice way to try and smooth things over with the fans/customers.
The ideal time for me would be to buy it on the first day it comes out, but I'm not exactly sure if I'll be able to upgrade my computer before then. Money tends to be an issue.
yeah id like to know what the system requirments are... that way i can get it all ready for the "big day"

but i`m guessing its going to take at least 514mb ram....
Half-Life 2 : System Test

demo ?
I guess a 4MB video card won't be enough... :(
But I should get a better configuration by then:P
Hah I'll see cows flying before u get a better video card. :lol:
Then it will rain milk soon I tell you!
I'll get this. Probably not the day it comes out but I'll get it.

My system is fine for it anyway.. whee!
The test said my video card should be good, lets hope so. That was the only thing i was worried about.
for some reason i feel the game will be in my household soon after the release ^_^
i will buy it when price is lower, i'm not a rich man:D;)
[Image: olbestlogo5tq.jpg]
Thanks QOLIM
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: olbest.png]
The day it hits stores im buying. i have a job but need to start savin my money for a new video card as i want to maximize the hl goodness. :P Bout everyone in my families buying it so why not me too...
enzymo,May 14 2004, 04:27 AM Wrote:Half-Life 2 : System Test

demo ?
Says my video card should be smooth with 800x600 resolution, but depending on the chipset, i might be able to get it higher <_<

Guess I need to buy a new video card before then to run it better ^_^

I'll buy it soon after the release, probably not first day:wacko:
I'm deciding whether or not to buy it on Steam. I would like to buy it directly from Valve, so I can give my money right to them, but on the other hand, I want to buy the collecter's edition, with the free goodies inside. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
What are these said free goodies?

I'm prolly gonna buy it at a store, the old fashioned way. I dont think I trust valves servers enough to keep records that I did infact buy the game, incase i lose it.
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Sep 4 2004, 02:49 AM] What are these said free goodies?

I'm prolly gonna buy it at a store, the old fashioned way. I dont think I trust valves servers enough to keep records that I did infact buy the game, incase i lose it.
I'm not sure they said what is going to be in the collector's edition. Maybe a HL2 T-shirt, or something like that. That would be cool. I would love there to be a golden crowbar! Or maybe a Gordon Freeman action figure!!:D
From what I have heard with the CE, you get access to all the valve mods done up on the source engine for free.

I have also heard that it will be in a nice tin box and that there might be a shirt with it. But I have not heard of anything else. A little golden crowbar would be neat:)
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Sep 3 2004, 07:49 PM] I'm prolly gonna buy it at a store, the old fashioned way. I dont think I trust valves servers enough to keep records that I did infact buy the game, incase i lose it.
amen to that brutha!
Does the collectors edition come out the same day?
Thats a good question anon:) I would have to give you a maybe on that one.