Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SoftImage|XSI for HL2 Released
http://www.planethalflife.com

Quote:The SoftImage|XSI EXP for Half-Life 2 has been released. This is not the same thing as the SDK, but still something that'll be incredibly useful for aspiring mod developers.
The SoftImage|XSI EXP is a complete version of SOFTIMAGE|XSI that lets you output Half-Life 2 characters, props and worlds. The XSI EXP for Half-Life 2 has all the tools you need to make your very own artwork for the world's coolest game, from polygon modeling and lightning fast subdivision surfaces, to nonlinear animation mixing and interactive simulation and rendering.

Download the SOFTIMAGE|XSI EXP for Half-Life 2 (161.9 MB)
(Fileplanet download)

This is the software that you will need to make models and stuff for half-life 2 mods. Softimage is one of the top 3D modeling programs. Its right up there next to Maya and 3D studio max. This isn't the full program, but it is what you will need for half-life 2.

I'm gonna download it and try my hand at it. Who knows maybe I might be good at it, but I doubt it. :D
Maybe you can fix CS B)
I just downloaded it to see what it is like. While I have no experience in stuff like this I am always one to try to learn about it.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Here is a pic of our forums through the browser in softimage.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: b_560x95.png]