Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requirements..
What are we going to need to run it?
HL2 devs say it will run on a very low end machine (though all the special DX9 stuff wont be seen, of course).
I heard it will require a very good video card...one of the new ones....like a Radeon 9800 type.
they have been saying that for over a year.

Of course Valve won't say that because that kind of cuts down on their marketing. All I have is a 9200
but I'm not gonna upgrade until i have some spare cash and that will include P4 proc and new mobo.
this is coming from the same guy who has an IBM server in his living room. :thumb:
Correction....I have a IBM rack server cabinet in my living room.

I have 7 IBM servers in that rack plus a 48 port Cisco Catalyst switch.

My next goal is to get rid of all the backup batteries that I have drained to nothing
and get one of those huge single backup battery devices. I'm pullin a little too much
current here. :rolleyes:
HL2 leaked alpha ran fine on my geforce2 when I had 256ram, I'd guess with my new setup it should run quite smoothly, anyway, requirements:

Quote:The minimum system specs are currently targeted at a 700 MHz PC with 128 MB RAM and a DX6-level video card TNT2 etc, meaning you won't need a supercomputer to run Half-Life 2.

But on the machine above don't expect to see reflective water,dynamic shadows and bump-mapped textures. The game running at maximum detail 50/60 fps, machine required for this is approx 1600Mhz cpu, 256 mb ram, GeForce4 Ti card.

In real life you need the best from a new game so I would recommend a 2000 cpu, 512 mb ram, GeForce4 Ti4800 128 ddr or ATI Radeon equivalent.
The more power the better but not essential with this game.

No they're not official:P
there ya go Acid. You can run it but not with all the bells and whistles they packaged in it.

Conspiracy i say.....CONSPIRACY !!!!

Oh well....quake 3 was the first true 32bit color game they made and not everyone could take
advantage of it till the Ge-Force 2 and on up cards then along with Unreal Tournament.

That Radeon 9800 256Mb card sure looks sweet though.
I think my geforcefx 5600 ultra 128mb will be able to handle HL2, though it's not the "OFFICIAL HL2 CARD", I also have 768mb 266ddr ram now, SHOULD be good enough.
ahh damn..opens up vacant wallet..I'm running a 9200, which I got for 67 bucks new.....so until another card comes around that cheap that can handle it....I'm gonna stick with the hl1 looking version of hl2 lol.
9200 will be fine. Your not going to need top of the line stuff to run HL2. Only if you want to run the game with all the settings maxed out will you need the high end stuff.
[Image: b_560x95.png]